Tuesday 10 February 2009

Candidates Retreat


WOW

What a wonderful few days that was - before I went I was a bit apprehensive and though it would be much like all our other weekends away. I couldn't have been more wrong - the guys from UTU Sheffield really changed the dynamics it meant there were two groups of people, each group contained people very familiar with the others in their own group and total strangers to everyone in the other group. We were able to integrate and share common ground of candidating almost imediately, soon it was as if we had always known each other and I for one left GCC with five new friends.

There was lots of quiet times to be able to really wrestle with what God is asking of each one of us and plenty of time for sharing, including being sent out in twos to speak about and to listen to each others journey storys.

It was a time of sharing the highs and lows of the whole Foundation Process and a time to set aside difficulties and current issues, before the interviews begin.

And I found lots of time to start my Faithbook.

No comments: