Friday 3 April 2009

What needs to be done


I thought it would be good to write some of what needs to be done at the connexional interviews - to make it clearer to me as much as anything. I have to attend for a 24 hour cycle from 2pm Monday 27th April till 2pm Tuesday 28th. During this time there are three different processes:
Triangle interviews (20 minutes each) three interviews each with two members of the panel
The first looks at spirituality and being in relationship - with God , self and others this panel will have read the reports on my preaching!
The second looks at 'The Church's Ministry in God's World'
The third asks for a list of
 - A theological book
 - A non-theological book
 - A film or theatrical performance
 - An exhibition, display or cultural event
which have been significant to me and apparently I will be asked to talk about one of these (details to follow when I have decided!!)
Then there is a group exercise in collaboration and decision making - instructions will be given on the day!
Finally I have to give a 5 minute presentation about a hymn (choice of three) and whether it should or should not be included in the new Methodist hymnbook and why - face questions on my presentation and a general interview with about eight people.
In between this there appears to be time for worship, food and possibly some time for reflection.
All this takes place in the beautiful setting of the All Saints Pastoral Centre -  London Colney.

No comments: