Tuesday 15 December 2009

Taking the choir out


Not done much today - this morning I played chauffeur to seven members of Joe's school choir who were going to a residential care home for the elderly to put on their Christmas show - it seemed to be appreciated by staff and residents alike. I had a great surprise on my return home, a very unexpected but most welcome Christmas gift in a card from some dear friends.
This afternoon I shopped and cooked, and then finished the present wrapping - so I would like to officially announce that today - on the 15th of December I am ready for Christmas!!! - good job really I have plenty else to keep me occupied!
This evening I watched "My Sisters Keeper" with my big girls as the little two were out at the BB Christmas party - needed the tissues!! Lots!! I did however get some good stuff about donor babies from it that I think I can use in my essay (this was, of course, the real reason for watching it!!)
My Advent reading today was about being places you don;t want to be and finished with the words:
Remember - just because I don't know where I'm going doesn't mean God doesn't.
Resolve - to look out, when I'm not where I want to be, for good reasons for being where I am.
and on that note, and at 2:14 I will say goodnight.

No comments: