Sunday 5 October 2008

Assessed service number one

Today was the first of my assessed services which have to form part of my worship portfolio for candidating. As an accredited preacher already it was really strange having people assess my service again - last time was Aug last year. It was an All age Worship service at the Broadway United Church in Eastbourne, so I was able to be less formal than usual(which actually isn't very!!). I was surprised at how nervous I was being back on trial but the feedback was good and the congregation seemed happy. My housegroup decided on Friday that they would all pray for me at 5 to 10 this morning just before my service started and the power of corporate prayer really does work because I felt a real sense of peace even through all the nerves. Another box ticked, another hoop jumped through. Only fourteen weeks and four days till the paperwork is due in.

No comments: