Friday 10 October 2008

Dad


Today(Friday) is seven years since my Dad died. I always think that the anniversary won't be that bad, that as the years pass it will hurt less, then every year I am amazed at how much pain this day causes. I have so much I want to share with him, especially at the moment when things are tough going, he was never judgemental and he had a way of accepting me for who I was that I have never found from anyone else.
Thank you for all the love and prayers I have received on this grotty day it is very much appreciated.
As another day dawns(for it is now very early Saturday), it occurs to me how right the song is "what a difference a day makes" today I am off to listen to one of my favourite speakers Rev David Dunn-Wilson at a training day for Methodist local preachers in the Sussex area, and it is also my eldest nephew's 2nd birthday so a much happier day all round.
As an offshoot to all that it seems that when we are having a bad time, if we are given lots love and support from friends and family and lots of prayers eventually the big black clouds will part and we will be able see the sunshine again. So to all my friends who are under a cloud right now hang in there, one day it WILL be sunny again. x 

No comments: