Wednesday 6 January 2010

New Year

The new windows are in(and the house has warmed up again), Joe is now 11 (even the cake turned out ok in the end), the decorations are down (just the outside lights to do tomorrow) and packed away for another year. The essay is nearly done just needs some editing with Julie tomorrow and the children are safely back at school (well for now, the snow may change that!) All the excitement and build up and Christmas is over and done with and the New Year has started. I have been to my two favourite services of the year this week (it seems a shame they come so close together) New Year's Eve we had a Watchnight service and Sunday was our annual Covenant service, both services are very Methodist and always give me a great sense of belonging and a feeling of what it means to be Connexional.
The Covenant prayer has become so much more real over the last few years as I have been training.

'IA covenant with God am no longer my own but yours.
Put me to what you will,
rank me with whom you will;
put me to doing,
put me to suffering;
let me be employed for you,
or laid aside for you,
exalted for you,
or brought low for you;
let me be full,
let me be empty,
let me have all things,
let me have nothing:
I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things
to your pleasure and disposal.
And now, glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
you are mine and I am yours"


No comments: